Stations are a great way to incorporate a variety of activities/skills into 1 class. It also allows student exploration and teacher monitoring to take place while focusing on a particular or multiple skill set.
Station lay-outs can be chosen from really any space, however certain pieces of equipment and student safety/success require different layouts.
Stations can be set up:
1. Rectangle (inside/outside)
2. Half Rectangle (half on each side)
3. Quadrants/individual boxes
4. Circular Formation (inside/outside)
5. Any set pattern (shape) that students perform in particular order/sequence
6. Obstacle Course design (each component is quick station/part of obstacle course)
1. Set time at each
2. Rotate on whistle, music, sound
3. Students perform x amount and self-rotate
4. Teacher randomly assigns student to rotate in clockwise, counter clockwise, number, or choice rotation
5. Relay/Start and Finish Layout where students progress when particular skill/challenge has been achieved